Are you a member of the
State Revenue Society?
If not - you should be!!! Go here for more info!
Click here for a membership application.
$17.50 a year - you can't go wrong!!!!!
($26 after July gets you 18 months...)
CITY AND COUNTY
Hi, and welcome to my monster! Although I am a mild mannered
The major sources for this website are the following:
1. "Priced Catalogue of the State and City Revenue and Tax Stamps of the
", George D. Cabot, 1939. United States
2. "State Revenue Catalog", Elbert S. A. Hubbard, 1960
County & Municipal Stamp Issues", Elbert S. A. Hubbard, 1997 US
4. "The Brundage Collection of Local Revenue Stamps", Terence Hines, State Revenue News, July 1983, 22:No 4-5, page 58
5. Other back issues of "State Revenue News(letter)"
6. What I have in my collection. Initially, my collection provided all the original scans (GA, AL, CA, NY, CO, FL, etc.).
7. eBay - yielded many jewels, not all of which I won by the way...(and you know who you are as well...)
Please take a look at the areas you are strongest in! There have been several new finds as a result of updating the info in this catalog. I am obviously looking for examples of anything I donít have scans for, but I am really looking for the following:
- CO locals: trying to complete scans to match Frank Bocovichís CO catalog (see 1st Quarter 2002 State Revenue News)
- MO, particularly if you were lucky enough to buy a set of the locals offered through SRS years ago! I have a list of what was sold, but need images!
- PA, particularly
- MD, particularly Baltimore
Additionally, please read the following before spending lots of time sending me scans:
- PENNSYLVANIA, CALIFORNIA DEEDS, AND ALABAMA (N - Z) ARE MISSING LARGE NUMBERS OF SCANS. PLEASE EMAIL ME BEFORE SENDING SCANS FOR THESE CATALOGS - I HAVE NOT FINISHED SCANNING THESE AREAS. I AM VERY STRONG IN ALL THREE AREAS AND PROBABLY ALREADY HAVE THESE STAMPS - THEY JUST ARE NOT ON THE WEBSITE YET.
All content of this website is Copyrighted 2014. I will gladly assist anyone writing a specialized state catalogue. Please email me for details!
Please send me your comments or suggestions! firstname.lastname@example.org†
This page last updated 8 Jul 2014